Friday 5 September 2014

TEACHER'S DAY

Today India is celebrating Teacher’s Day, it’s 5th September. But why do we celebrate this day, I mean is it necessary or is it a liability? No, it’s a day when we honour our teachers who have sacrificed a lot in their life and provided us a foundation of knowledge, on which we make a building of future. It’s a day when we say “Thanks” to our teachers/gurus/guardians who have given us a ocean of knowledge.
Also on this day our first Vice-President and second president Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan was born, he was a brilliant teacher, mathematician and a noble person. He dedicated his entire life for the welfare of students and he devoted his life to improve the level of education of students.
His father did not want him to learn English or go to school. Instead he wanted him to become a priest. Later his father agreed to send him to a school in Tiruttani itself. He was a brilliant student and went through most of his education on scholarships. He was so popular among his students that when he was leaving to join as a professor in Calcutta he was taken all the way from the Mysore University to the Railway Station in a flower decked carriage pulled by his students!
He was a great person and our teachers too. The first teacher of any child is his/her mother, who sacrificed her life and her comforts just to care her child. A child learns so much from his/her mother, including speaking, walking, cultural values, sacraments etc. So it’s a day to honour our mothers too.
I seriously respected my teachers all my life. Yeah! There may be some exceptions but those exceptions are really rare. I have encountered many good teachers, some teachers nourishment me, some teachers punished me and some made an irremovable image in my mind. Every teacher gave me something which I will hold throughout my life, their dedication, knowledge and affection will always remind me of their presence.
Now today one another incident occurred, which was incredible and which never occurred before. Prime minister of our country, Mr. Narendra Modi addressed or interacted with students throughout the nation. It was one of the kind initiatives which no previous prime minister has done. Students from Leh, Imphal, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh etc. asked questions to our prime minister. Near about 1000 people were present in the Manekshaw Auditorium. As per their views they were feeling like a friend was interacting with them. And as per a viewer it was very interesting thing to know for me that he was very extrovert and frank with all those children. He gave many advices to those students and remembered Dr. Radhakrishnan too. Well I can only say at the end those children should follow Modi ji’s advice and they should respect their elders and teacher to grow as a strong and responsible citizen. Well now I have to end my article here, hope you have enjoyed it reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment