Tuesday 24 February 2015

WHY THIS WORLD-CUP IS NOT THE 'SAME ONE' FOR ME!!




I was born in the year when Imran Khan lifted the world cup i.e. 1992, I was 4 when great Arjun Ranatunga won the cricket world cup in the Asian subcontinent, and I was 7 in 1999 – where I saw the courage of Steve Waugh and his ‘invincible’ team and their dominance in the Cricket world for the three consecutive world cups till 2007. I saw the moment in my life, when M. S. Dhoni lifted the cricket world cup after 28 years. However, why I am talking in a sarcastic manner and why I am telling you cricket world cup history? It’s because this world cup of 2015 is not the same one for me, I saw a legend since my childhood, a legend who inspired many generations to go and play cricket, a person who made cricket a religion in India, a person who is responsible for scoring a number of records for the nation, the person is – Sachin Tendulkar.
That is why this world cup is not the same for me and I am not excited about the ongoing matches. Great Sachin Tendulkar has scored the most number of runs, number of centuries, good match average both in test and one day matches, and many other records that I cannot describe here, because the list of records are longer than we can even calculate. He made the generations to start cricket and to make it as a career. He retired in 2012, and believe me a majority of people has stopped watching cricket game. Believe me my generation is, raised by watching his talent and his aura. We love him and you he has scored the most number of runs in the world cup as well, so that is why I said this world cup is not the same for me.
Anybody can be the champion and my wishes are with each and every player, but I am not interested in watching it, told you the reason. Therefore, I am little sad during the world cup, hope every team will perform better for their nation. Hope teams will show a great talent of their skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment